Join our Team
Click on an accordion below to view the description.
Dental nurses are required to work as part of a dental team to assist in the delivery of dental care services to patients. Most particularly by providing support and assistance to the designated clinician or therapist. To assist in clinical and non-clinical aspects of client care in line with practice procedures.
- To assist the orthodontists/therapists in all clinical procedures
- To assist in planning appointments to avoid delaying both patients and clinicians
- To ensure that the surgical areas and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained including aspiration systems & autoclaves. Paying all due attention to relevant legal and ethical codes, in addition to the practice policy in respect of cross infection control and health & safety
- To keep accurate records and ensure the recording methods are used in line with agreed practice policy and current medico-legal guidelines
- To advise the Practice Manager/Head Nurse of any faulty or poorly functioning equipment so that action may be taken to remedy any defects
- To take all reasonable measures to ensure patient comfort
- To maintain patient confidentiality. (This includes preventing medical histories, treatment proposals, conversations, financial transactions, reactions to treatment being overheard.)
- To record stock drawers and maintain records to ensure that materials/stationery are never out of stock
- To make certain that an efficient link with the dental laboratory is upheld to prevent delays in the dispatch and receipt of work
- To follow practice Health & Safety codes in all aspects including handling/taking x-rays, resuscitation, emergency procedures and fire drill
- To maintain and increase competence in nursing skills by actively following a programme of continuous professional development
- To carry out any other duties requested by the employer to ensure that patients receive a high quality of patient care. To be flexible with your duties to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
- To ensure professional behaviour is always demonstrated
- To understand that, throughout the working day you are not assigned just to one practitioner, work with the nursing team to ensure that this is achieved
- To be motivated and adaptable to an ever-changing working day
- Team player with strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Pro-active approach – Initiative with consultation
- Diligent with good written and oral communication skills
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com or call 01206 756210 for more information.
Closing date: 2nd August 2019
"Before I had my braces on, my teeth were horrendous. Every part of the process is explained to you and they make you feel so comfortable at Colchester Orthodontics."
Rachel - Patient
"My confidence levels have just shot up since I have had my braces off. It is just brilliant here. They have helped me so much."
Sophie - Patient
"At Colchester Ortho it is such a close-knit group of people from the secretaries, to the nurses to the orthodontists themselves such as Mr Davies."
Ben - Patient
"I have no hesitation in recommending Colchester Orthodontic Centre to you for an excellent, professional clinical treatment service"