For convenient straightening.
These braces simply clip over your teeth and can be taken out for teeth cleaning, sport, playing a musical instrument and eating.
Simple removable braces usually consist of a plastic plate that covers the roof of the mouth and metal clasps that fit over a few of your teeth. They are sometimes needed during the early stages of treatment to help eliminate an overbite or overjet, or to correct a cross bite. They can also be used to kick-start the work of fixed braces.
More complex removable braces include functional appliances (the most common being the Twin Block), which help correct discrepancies in how the top and bottom jaws fit together. Generally, they are used to help the bottom jaw move to a better position in relation to the top jaw. They are really only effective when a patient is still growing, usually between the ages of 10-14.
- Can be taken out by the patient
- Good oral hygiene can be maintained
- More complex removable braces can correct ‘bite’ problems
- We take impressions of your teeth and these are used to manufacture your brace.
- When ready, the brace is fitted over your teeth and we will show you how to take it out and pop it back in.
- You will need to come and see us every 4-5 weeks so we can adjust your brace.
Brace extra bits
Initially, you may find it a little tricky to speak while you are wearing your brace but you will soon get used to it and start talking normally again.
Keep your smile straight
You will need to wear a retainer following any kind of orthodontic treatment to keep your straighter teeth in line.