For effectively invisible straightening.
Invisalign, as its name suggests, is a virtually invisible way to treat simple misalignment of the teeth. The Invisalign system uses cutting-edge technology to create a series of custom-made, virtually invisible and removeable plastic aligners. Invisalign aligners gradually and gently shift teeth into a new, more favourable position. Although Invisalign is not an orthodontic cure-all, it can achieve great results for mild to moderate tooth alignment and bite related problems.
More than 5 million patients worldwide have started Invisalign treatment.
Thanks to its hardly visible appearance, Invisalign is particularly suitable for adults and older teens who may feel self-conscious about wearing fixed braces. The aligners are removed for eating, drinking anything other than water, teeth brushing and flossing to maintain good oral hygiene and can also be taken out for those special occasions when you want to look your best (but make sure you pop them straight back in afterwards!)
How does Invisalign work?
- Our first job is to check that you are suitable for Invisalign treatment. Using cutting edge software and technology we will be able to assess if your orthodontic problem can be treated successfully with Invisalign.
- We then use the ClinCheck 3D software to create a personalised plan, which details how your teeth will move and what they will look like at the end of the treatment process.
- When your custom aligners are ready to go, you will wear a different one every one to two weeks until your teeth are moved to an improved position.
- Treatment times will vary, depending on your case, but most problems are rectified within 9-12 months.
Key benefits of Invisalign Treatment:
- Barely visible
- Can be taken out
- Designed and custom-made just for you
- Thin and comfortable
- Fewer appointments at the practice to fit into a busy schedule as some appointments can be carried out remotely via Dental Monitoring
- Cutting-edge technology with over 20 years of research
Invisalign aligners are made from specialist material which is trimmed to fit your gums perfectly. They are designed to fit your teeth closely so it may feel a little uncomfortable when you wear a fresh aligner, but this is normally just a feeling of pressure and a good sign your teeth are on the move.
Even though Invisalign aligners are fully removable, they should be worn for at least 22 hours a day to ensure the quickest, most effective results.
Keep your Smile Straight
Don’t forget, it is very important that you wear a retainer following your Invisalign treatment to keep your teeth in line and maintain a beautiful smile. Your orthodontist will discuss the types of retainer that we can provide.
See Your New Smile
Seeing is believing with Invisalign SmileView. Take a smiling selfie and in just 60 seconds you will see how your smile could potentially look following Invisalign treatment.
“My Invisalign experience with Colchester Orthodontic Centre was fab. I was supported the whole way through and given many options. The Invisalign aligners are very comfortable and discreet. I am now really happy with my teeth and would definitely recommend both Invisalign and Colchester Orthodontic Centre.” HW March 2020