Tooth Coloured Braces
For discreet straightening
If you are concerned about your braces being visible then our tooth coloured fixed braces offer a precise, yet discreet way to realign your teeth. They work just like conventional metal fixed braces but do so much less obviously, thanks to their tiny ceramic (or clear) brackets and tooth-coloured wires.
- They blend in with your teeth
- Small, comfortable brackets
- Much less visible than conventional braces
- We take x-rays, photos and impressions and use these to precisely plan your teeth discreet straightening treatment.
- After a thorough cleaning, we fix the little brackets securely to your teeth and attach the wire. This is then shaped so your teeth will be gradually nudged into line.
- Treatment usually takes around 18 months, during which time, you will attend a number of appointments to allow us to make adjustments so your teeth move as planned.
Brace extra bits
As the brackets are fixed to your teeth, you must pay close attention to your dental hygiene. Try not to leave any food on your braces by brushing after each meal, in addition to regular brushing every morning and at bedtime. You can use interdental brushes to clean any awkward areas and disclosing tablets will reveal where you might need to carry out some extra cleaning.
You could dislodge or damage your brace if you bite down on hard or chewy foods, so try to cut up harder items or avoid altogether.
This discreet alternative is available to our private patients only.
Keep your smile straight
Don’t forget, you will need to wear a retainer following any kind of treatment with braces to keep those straighter teeth in line.
"Before I had my braces on, my teeth were horrendous. Every part of the process is explained to you and they make you feel so comfortable at Colchester Orthodontics."
Rachel - Patient
"My confidence levels have just shot up since I have had my braces off. It is just brilliant here. They have helped me so much."
Sophie - Patient
"At Colchester Ortho it is such a close-knit group of people from the secretaries, to the nurses to the orthodontists themselves such as Mr Davies."
Ben - Patient
"I have no hesitation in recommending Colchester Orthodontic Centre to you for an excellent, professional clinical treatment service"